Please utilize our latest Manual when designing and inspecting the T & J Panel Wastewater Treatment System. If you have any site specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact our offices at (704) 924-8600to speak with a consultant.
APPROVED FOAM SEALER
Please contact T&J Panels with any questions regarding foam sealer.
Backfill sand shall be a clean, screened, medium-grade sand that is naturally-occurring. Acceptable sands are sands that are suitable for the production of ready-mix concrete and clean of organic debris and stone. Sands dredged from rivers and creeks can be used, if gradation is sufficient to be blended into ready-mix concrete production. Product description includes, but is not limited to: Concrete Sand, NC-2S Sand, ASTM C-33 Sand, FA-10 Sand and Grade “A” Sand. Product suitability is important and T&J Panel, Inc. will help answer any questions. Click here for a county by county list of potential sources of backfill sand. Be sure to check with these sources to ensure they supply the correct type of sand.
This inspection checklist is included in the T & J Panel Design, Installation, and Maintenance Manual for further reference.
LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT T & J PANEL INSPECTION CHECKLIST:
1) Is the depth of the panels within guidelines?
2) Are drain lines level or within less than 1/4 inch fall per 10ft?
3) Have seals been properly constructed?
4) Was the proper sand used in the trench backfill?
Is the sand clean? (i.e. free of debris, large organics, leaves, etc.)
Has the sand been screened? (to a medium-grade, not too fine, free of large rocks)
Is the sand naturally-occurring? (i.e. from a river, creek, sand pit, etc., not manufactured)
5) If in soils where clay is present, were the sidewalls raked and limed?
6) Were panels installed horizontally or vertically, according to the permit?
For Pumped Systems:
7) Have pump size, head pressure and dose cycle been properly sized and set?
8) Record field data on operations permit.
Do not hesitate to reach out to a design consultant with T & J Panels to help answer any questions you may have regarding the use of panel block systems. We help with LPP system design, manifold design, on-site consultations, and any other service that might be needed in the field. Please contact Our Staff with any questions pertaining to design or use of a T&J Panel System.